Friday, January 28, 2011

Miss Me?

Hello Everyone,


Tonight I've been busy dropping felting needles all over the place (careful where you sit) and making something I hope you'll enjoy. This piece has waited patiently to be finished, having watched my hair grow a good ten inches before I decided to pick it up again this month. It is now close to completion and I'm feeling quite excited at how it's turning out. I suppose I've learned my lesson that dilly-dallying because I'm scared of how something will come out is a lot less fun (also less productive) than going for it.


... No pictures yet, though! Here's a little something else that's got nothing to do with the aforementioned piece. Thought I'd give you something to look at, considering I've been absent all these months and I'd like to prove that I'm not a complete slacker. (Honestly, though, sometimes life starts to happen and it's time to go with it.)












As these images probably need some explaining, it went like this: The lovely Robyn Johnson had a lightbulb go on, bought some fancy-schmancy professional face paint, and let a lady named Lea spend approximately one hour making her look like bacon and eggs. The two then took a little stroll down Piedmont Avenue which, much to Robyn's dismay, was flooded with people due to a special Firefighters' event at a certain creamery. Braving it, they passed through the crowd and continued on to Lea's favorite photographing wall where Robyn posed (quite patiently) with various kitchen utensils until it was time to call it a day.


Thus Bacon and Eggs, the dangerous art duo, was born. Stay tuned for more projects.


Until next time,


Lea Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment