Tuesday, August 17, 2010

At Long Last

Dear Pals,

I've finally gotten off my butt to create this newfangled blog which I will be using to share my work.

Food and art are at the very top of my list of favorite things. I have a degree in photography, practice the obsessive-compulsive art of needle-felting and, when either or both of these things have caused my blood sugar to plummet to the point of hysteria, enjoy cooking and/or baking something tasty. Combining two or three of the aforementioned activities makes me happiest; I'm currently working on a series of photographic illustrations based on felt and photographic sculpture (whew!), and when I need a break from that I take pictures of the food that I make.

Since I've managed to drink about seven or eight cups of tea today, I decided to kick off with this image from my illustration project:







And, since you can't have tea without cookies (well, I suppose you can, but what's the fun in that?), I've also included a photo of today's baking endeavor: cardamom cookies from The Finnish Cookbook by Beatrice A. Ojakangas.






If these look tasty to you, I highly recommend picking up a copy of the book. It's my favorite cookbook and has never let me down.


Till we meet again,


Lea Z.

1 comment:

  1. I thoroughly approve of everything in this post; particularly the tea, the cookies, the photography, and the felting. Although I have to say, I'll never need a copy of that cookbook as long as you're around to bake me cookies!

    ReplyDelete